The San Carlos Islands (Jackian pronunciation: [sæn kɑːr.loʊs aɪ.lɛnds]; Creeperian Spanish – Creeperian: Իսլաս Սան Ծարլոս; Creeperian Spanish – Iberic: Islas San Carlos; Creeperian Spanish pronunciation: [iz.las san kaɾ.los]; literally translated as the Islands of Saint Charles; Native Islander: ᓌ ᐘᐃᓇ ᐕᐗᐅᑱ ᒹᑯᐊᐷᐁ ᑺᐳᓇ; transliterated as: Nā Āina Uaoko Mākoupoe Kūpuna; Native pronunciation: [naː ˈaːi.naː u.ɐˈoː.ko maːˈkoːuː.po.ɛ kuːˈpuː.nɐ]; literally translated as the Rainy Lands of Our Ancestors), officially the Captaincy General and Department of the San Carlos Islands (Creeperian Spanish – Creeperian: Ծապիտանձա Գեներալ յ Դեպարտամենտո դե լաս'Իսլաս Սան Ծարլոս; Creeperian Spanish – Iberic: Capitanía General y Departamento de las'Islas San Carlos), and commonly abbreviated as SCI and ISC, is a department of Creeperopolis which is located in Ostlandet, the only Creeperian department not located in Sur. The islands are located completely in the Southern Ocean and are geographically close to New Gandor and Ajakanistan.
The precursor to the modern department was the Captaincy General of the San Carlos Islands
, which was established on 1 June 1387 after being landed on by the Creeperans
under Cristóbal Colón Cámarillo
on 12 October 1381
. The islands were governed by the Creeperian Navy
from 1387 until 1565, and during that period, several revolts by the Native islanders
were crushed by the Creeperian administrators, with the most notable revolt being the Great Revolt of Esclaveta
in the early 1440s. In 1565, the islands were democratized and the islanders were able to vote for their Captain General
, or regional governor. The islands returned to Naval administration from 1788 until 1887, when the islands were again democratized. In 1888, under Captain General Simón Bonilla Vásquez
, a referendum was held in which the islands voted to become a department of Creeperopolis. In 1918, under Captain General Antonio Gutiérrez Avendaño
, another referendum was held on wether the islands should gain independence, but the referendum failed and the islands remained a department of Creeperopolis. The San Carlos Islands sided with the Catholic Imperial Restoration Council
during the Creeperian Civil War
of 1933 to 1949. The Creeperian Army
then administered the islands from 1949 until 1962, when the Creeperian Initiative
began its governance over the islands. Read more...