TCN Resolution 010
|TCN General Assembly|
|Date||March 28, 2020|
|Subject||Status of Execution|
TCN General Assembly Resolution 010, officially called Regulation Convention on Execution Methods (010), was adopted by the Terraconserva Council of Nations General Assembly on March 28, 2020.
To the General Assembly of the Terraconserva Council of Nations
Sponsored By: The Serene State of Quebecshire
- Acknowledging the right of member states to employ capital punishment,
- Nonetheless recognizing the severity of capital punishment,
- Remembering TCN Resolution 007 and the actions which led to it,
- Seeking to prevent inhumane and abusive methods of execution in the states which it is legal,
- Establishes which forms of execution are acceptable to the international community,
- Declares the inalienable right to a fair trial for anyone to be sentenced to death,
- Prohibits executions which contain the following characteristics,
- Those in which animals are involved in the carrying out of the execution,
- Those involving the use of fire or incendiary items,
- Those which are done in an excessively public fashion.
- Prohibits the punishment of family members simply for being related to those sentenced to capital punishment,
- Allows this convention to be amended by the Council of Nations by a simple majority vote in future resolutions,
- Hereby ratifies the Regulation Convention on Execution Methods as international law.