Fronte del Lavoro Cattolico
|Headquarters||Palazzo Populo, Savotta|
|Paramilitary wing||Squadristi, Black Brigades|
|Senate of Salisford|
287 / 345
|Grand Council of Salisford|
503 / 680
The Catholic Labor Front (Salisfordian: Fronte del Lavoro Cattolico) is the dominant political party in Salisford and rules through a de facto one-party system. The party, simply called The Front or the FdLC, was founded by Sandro Neri following his March on Savotta and the dissolution of the preceding Fronte Cattolico.
Members of the front or believers in its ideology are called "Frontists" (Frontisti in Salisfordian).
The Catholic Labor Front has no official ideology, and what has been written by influential party members (including both Sandro Neri and Teodoro Mattera) has been described as scholars as contadictory and opaque. Despite this, some themes and beliefs have been found to be common and reoccuring in the Front's writings and publications. These include: Salisfordian nationalism, Dirigerissimo, Salisfordian futurism, Romanyan revivalism, traditionalism, heroic youth, heroic work, and the necessity of Salforti Catholic virtue.
On the economic front, the Front is very conservative and populist, supporting Trade Unions, protectionism, and autarchic policies.
The Front, curiously, has also been an outspoken opponent of Ecrosian colonialism.
Scholars have noted that the Front, perhaps due to its lack of a comprehensive ideology, has developed informal and distinct factions and cliques ever since the controversies which occured during Silvio Sacchi's Chairmanship. The most commonly noted factions are listed below:
- The Religious (Both Catholics & Muslims)
It is necessary to note that these groups are informal in nature and have not been officially recognized in any way, adn factionalism has been discouraged by the Front's leadership.
|Term of office & mandate
Duration in years and days
|18 years and 1 day||Carlo III|
|12 years and 173 days|
|14 years and 136 days|
|8 years and 294 days|
|5 years and 13 days|
|6 years and 217 days||Francesco II|
|7 years and 199 days|
Logos and symbols
- Me ne frego! (I don’t give a damn!)
- Dux mea lux. (The Leader is my light.)
- Se avanzo, seguitemi. Se indietreggio, uccidetemi. Se muoio, vendicatemi. (If I advance, follow me. If I retreat, kill me. If I die, avenge me.) Borrowed from Orazio di Brolo, a hero of the Salisfordian counter-revolution.
- A noi! (To us!)
- E' l'aratro che traccia il solco, ma è la spada che lo difende (The plough cuts the furrow, but the sword defends it.)
- Libro e moschetto — frontista perfetto (Book and Musket — Perfect Frontist.)
- Viva Il Duce! (Long live the Leader!)
- O la vittoria, o tutti accoppati! (We either win, or we all die.)