Treaty of Freemont
The Treaty of Freemont was a peace treaty signed in 2020 in an attempt to end the Sequoyan Frontier Wars. The treaty was signed as a direct result of the arrests of President Odysseus Stanford and the Confederacy of Southern Tribes victory in the Siege of Freemont. Ultimately, bombing campaigns conducted by the Sequoyan Airfleet and lead by Admiral William Adama forced the tribals to come to the negotiating table.
The Sequoyan Frontier Wars had gone on due to Sequoyan Expansion and the Sequoyan Transcontinental Railroad, as Sequoyah pushed deeper into the Jehova Plains to unite Eastern Sequoyah and Western Sequoyah. Since 1876, the various tribes have been engaged in ongoing conflict with Sequoyah, with Sequoyah gaining major victories and establishing settlements in former tribal territory, such as Caprica in New Austin, and Nueva Vegas. President Odysseus Stanford re-established the Sequoyan Slave Trade in early 2020 to meet the labor demands of the Union Railraod Company, Central Railraod Company, and various plantations.
- Sequoyah, represented by Admiral William Adama
- Confederacy of Southern Tribes, represented by Rushing Waters of the Cheyall, John Fremont of New Samaria, Phillipe Warhorse of the Navaja, and Cullen Bohannen, leader of Hell on Wheels.
- Dissolution of the Presidency of Sequoyah
- First Constitution of the Republic of Sequoyah repealed
- William Adama becomes interim President of Sequoyah
- Establishment of New Austin, New Samaria, Cheyenne, and Arapaho as autonomous provinces
- Commitment to forming the 2nd Sequyoan Constitutional Convention with the goal of creating a new Sequoyan constitution acceptable for all tribes
- End of the Sequoyan Slave Trade, including debt slavery, to be enforced by the Deseret Rangers.
- Martial Law Declared
Although the treaty did not end the Sequoyan Frontier Wars as various Sequoyan private companies continued to fight skirmishes against the various Tribals in Sequoyah. However, the treaty ended the Sequoyan Slave Trade and led to William Adama issuing Sequoyan Airfleet Martial Order 66, which allowed the Sequoyan military to nationalize any plantations or businesses not in compliance with the treaty's abolition of slavery. It also authorized the Deseret Rangers to perform extra-judicial executions of those in violation of the treaty and use force to liberate Tribal slaves. The Sequoyan Military has not engaged in any major conflicts with the tribals since the signing of the treaty. The 2nd Sequoyan Constitutional Convention is still in progress.