Salisfordian Civil War
|Salisfordian Civil War|
|Part of Salisfordian Chaos|
(Clockwise from top left)
Gunman attacks police in Serino, Gendarmeria Reale deploying in Savotta,unidentified militiaman sits next to a building, demonstrators in Angamo, Monarchist militiaman returns fire against a Carzian sniper.
Various monarchist groups
Various republican groups
Various right-wing groups
Various left-wing groups
|Commanders and leaders|
|Ivone Veltri||Gennaro di Aresso||Vito di Carzi|
There were four major factions in the Salisfordian Civil War:
- Monarchists, who supported the Salisfordian monarchy and wanted to re-establish authority to the Crown. Various claimants were supported, but by the mid-war most monarchists supported the claim of the future King Carlo III who was the son of the assassinated Maria III.
- Republicans, who supported the abolishment of the Salisfordian monarchy and the formation of a republic or a democracy in its place. Various groups in the faction had different visions for what the new Salisford would look like.
- Right-wing groups, these ranged from fascists to various racial supremacists to traditionalists. The right-wing faction had no cohesive opinion on the monarchy.
- Left-wing groups, these ranged from communists to anarchists to Carzians. Most of the left-wing faction supported the abolishment of the monarchy.
These factions were loose alliances, with no written agreements between the paramilitary groups. It was common to see violent infighting in each faction.
- The Cavalieri del Re, King's Knights, was a militia formed by volunteers to fight for the monarchy. They were defined by their fanatic loyalty to the Monarchy and their brutality in battle. However, they remained a relatively small group during the war, and were used mainly as shock troops by the Monarchist faction.
- The Esercito Bianca, White Army, was the collective title used by the military units who stayed loyal to the Monarchy during the collapse of the Crown's authority following Maria III's assassaination.
- The Legione Reale, Royal Legion, was a volunteer militia which supported the monarchy. They were larger than the Cavalieri, but they were less fanatic in their loyalty and ethusiasm for battle.
- Lega Monarchica, Monarchist League
- The Fronte Nazionale, National Front,
- Azione Salfortana, Salisfordian Action,
- The FONO
- The Patrioti, Patriots,
- The Unione Popolare, Popular Union, was a communist militia.
- The Esercito Nero, Black Army, was an anarchist militia.
- Solidarietà Salfortana, Salisfordian Solidarity, was a left-wing militia.
Course of the war
|1969||Assassination of Maria III|
|1980||Assassination of Teodoro Mattera|