The Salisford Portal
Salisford, (Salisfordian: Salforto), officially the Kingdom of Salisford (Salisfordian: Regno di Salforto), is a nation located on the northern coast of Sur. Salisford is bordered to the north by the Alzanub Sea, to the south by Creeperopolis and El Salvador, to the west by the Almanople Ocean, and to the east by Cospania. Salisford's capital and largest city is Savotta located on Salisford's northwestern coast. As of 2020, Salisford has a population of 74.2 million.
Salisford is a semi-democracy ruled by a hereditary monarch and assisted by an appointed first minister. Salisford's monarch is King Francesco II, who has reigned since 2015. Salisford's legislative body is the Salisfordian Parliament which is bicameral legislature made up of an elected Grand Council, which serves as the lower house, and an appointed Senate, which serves as the upper house.
(Economy, HDI, Industries)
Salisford is a founding member of both the Terraconserva Council of Nations and the Cooperation and Development Coalition.
Le Cinque Battaglie, translated as The Five Battles, was a campaign launched in the immediate aftermath of the March on Savotta by first minister Sandro Neri, with the aim of rebuilding the Salisfordian economy and pursuing economic self-sufficiency.
The Five Battles included:
- Battaglia del Agricoltura ("The Battle for Agriculture")
- Battaglia del Industria ("The Battle for Industry")
- Battaglia del Lire ("The Battle for Lire")
- Battaglia del Nascite ("The Battle for Births")
- Battaglia del Terra ("The Battle for Land") Read more...
List of selected articles
- Salisfordian forces participate in the CODECO Mission in Sequoyah to restore constitutional order to Sequoyah.
- King Francesco II announced a new program to provide grants to historic churches in rural Salisford.
- Carlo Valenza appeared on popular political commentary show Politica Oggi to speak on the current geopolitical situation.
- Gendarmeria Reale forces in Angamo announced a successful raid against a Esercito Nero safehouse with 23 suspected members detained.
- The Salisfordian Church begins preparations for their participation in Lent and for the celebration of Easter.
Carlo Maria Taborza Valenza (born March 17, 2000) is the current Prince of Salisford of Salisford. He is the son of King Francesco II and Queen Consort Maria de Virtu.=Early life= Read more...
List of selected articles
- ...that Cape Rejo is the most northwestern point of the Southern Landmass?
- ...that Salisford uses the Lira as its currency?
- ...that Salisford is a hereditary monarchy?
- ...that Salisford's dominant language is Salisfordian?
- ...that Salisford was a republic from 1782 to 1790?
- ...that the anniversary of Queen Maria III's death is observed as a day of mourning in many Salisfordian provinces?
- ...that the head of the Salisfordian Catholic Church is Patriarch Nikola di Tralva?
- ...that Salisford currently constitutes the death penalty for abortion?