Creeperian Railroad Networks
|Reporting mark||RFC (road locomotives)|
RFCP (yard locomotives)
|Dates of operation||September 5, 2005–April 4, 2020|
|Predecessor||Atlántidan Railroad Systems|
Castillianan National Railroad
Creeperian Railroad Southern
Northern Creeperian Railroad Lines
San Salvador National Railroad
Salvadoran Railroad Networks
|Successor||National Creeperian Railroad|
|Track gauge||4ft. 8 1/2in.|
The Creeperian Railroad Networks (Creeperian Spanish: Redes Ferroviarias Creeperiano, abbreviated RFC, officially the Creeperian Railroad Networks Company, Creeperian Spanish: Empressa de Redes Ferroviarias Creeperiano) was the largest freight railroad network in the Southern Landmass and in Creeperopolis, El Salvador, and the Papal State. RFC had 42,000 employees and more than 8,000 locomotives in 2019.
The Creeperian Railroad Networks Company was a merger of six major Creeperian railroad companies: the Atlántidan Railroad Systems, Castillianan National Railroad, Creeperian Railroad Southern, Northern Creeperian Railroad Lines, San Salvador National Railroad, and the Salvadoran Railroad Networks. The six national railroads were merged and the monopoly was privatized in 2007. According to corporate press releases, the RFC was among the top transporters of intermodal freight in the world. It also hauled bulk cargo, including enough coal to generate around ten per cent of the electricity produced in Creeperopolis.
At the end of 2018 the railway had more than 42,000 employees; 8,187 locomotives; and 94,538 freight cars.
- Broken down by specific kind of car, the RFC owned:
- 36,439 covered hopper cars
- 15,948 boxcars
- 13,690 gondola cars
- 11,428 uncovered hopper cars
- 10,470 flatcars
- 4,196 refrigerated cars
- 1,627 tank cars
- 416 autoracks
- 324 "other" types of cars
- In addition, the railway also owned:
- 3,253 domestic containers
- 11,714 domestic chassis
- 4,070 company service vehicles
- 1,200 trailers
- November 15, 2007: a Creeperian Railroad Networks train carrying sugar derailed outside of Tuxtla Martínez, Zapatista, Creeperopolis. The train lost its brakes while descending a slope called the Cajon Pass and sped up to about 110 mph before derailing at a sharp curve. The crash destroyed 15 homes next to the tracks killing 3 railroad personnel and 9 residences. The crash is the worst derailment in RFC history and one of the deadliest in Creeperian history.