Anti-Atheism in Creeperopolis
|Part of a series on|
Cross of Creeperopolis (symbol of Romerism)
Anti-Atheism is an enforced policy in Creeperopolis. Creeperian Anti-Atheism is an ideology and a political movement against Atheism, as a theory and more specifically as it presented itself during the Second Parliament of Creeperopolis (1887-1933/1949) and the Creeperian Civil War (1933-1949). Organized Anti-Atheism developed properly during the Creeperian Civil War with rise of the National Council for Peace and Order, nicknamed the Miguelists. Anti-Atheism was one of the core elements of Romerism and the Catholic Imperial Restoration Council, nicknamed the Romerists.
The first organization which was specifically dedicated to opposing Atheism was the Catholic Imperial Restoration Council which fought in the Creeperian Civil War starting in 1933 against the recently established National Council for Peace and Order. The Romerist movement was militarily supported by several allied foreign governments which represented the first instance of Anti-Atheism as a government policy in Creeperopolis. The Romerists defeated the Miguelists and Creeperopolis was stabilized in 1949. Following the civil war, the Creeperian Initiative was established with Anti-Atheism as one of its core ideologies.
The Creeperian Government continues to impose Anti-Atheist policies.
The Creeperian government has severed ties with Morova and Terranihil due to their atheist tendencies and has extremely strained relations with Willdavie. Creeperopolis' relationship with Quebecshire has remained intact due to their support in the Creeperian Civil War and due to its purchases of sugar.
In Creeperopolis, practicing Atheism is punishable by the death penalty.
On January 19, 2020, Creeperian villagers in San Miguel tortured, crucified, and burned an Atheist alive. Following a protest by the Morovan government later that day, the same villagers broke into a house home to a suspected Atheist family. The family of four was forcibly taken out of their home, crucified, and burned alive by the villagers in protest to the Morovan government's condemnation.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - 10 Atheists Executed in Atlántida". January 19, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - Atheist Tortured, Crucified, and Burned Alive by Villagers in San Miguel". January 19, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - Morovan Government Protests Death of Atheist". January 19, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - Villagers Crucify and Burn an Alleged Family of Atheists". January 19, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - Atheists Killed Across San Miguel". January 27, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - Atheist Crucified and Burned in Front of Morovan Journalists". February 3, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - 5 Atheists Beheaded in San Miguel". February 29, 2020.
- "Gaceta Creeperiano - 4 Atheists Burned Alive in San Miguel". July 25, 2020.